Random Acts of Kindness

I'm having a great week for random acts of kindness...

The first was from my newly found cousin Mary Anne. She took the time to pull out a box of her parent's things and dug up some photos to send to me. One was of our great grandfather John Manley. I already had one picture of him but it's very small and it doesn't give a good sense of what he looked like. In the picture that Mary Anne sent me I can see exactly what he looked like and I'm still smiling. Thank you Mary Anne ;-)


with Grandsons, Thomas (Left) and James (Right)

The second was from the St. Joseph's Care Group in Thunder Bay, ON. I went to get my mail this morning and there was a package containing a book commemorating St. Joseph's Hospital on it's 125th Anniversary. It is full of the early history of the hospital with lots of photos. This is significant to me because my great Aunt, Mary Flynn, later known as Mother Monica was the Foundress of St. Joseph's in 1884. She was the sister of my great grandmother Maggie Flynn who was married to John in the picture above. I haven't written about Mother Monica yet but will soon...I have so much information on her, it's going to be a big one. She is one of my ''truly amazing ancestors''. I had been in contact with the hospital last year looking for information. The fact that they remembered my interest and surprised me with this book really is a random act of kindness.



Seems appropriate to write this today, with it being Thanksgiving. We already had Thanksgiving in Canada in October, so Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends across the border. Today I am grateful for many things but especially to my cousin Mary Anne and the thoughtful people at the St. Joseph's Care Group.

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom ~ Marcel Proust

© 2009 Kindred Footprints

No comments:

Post a Comment