Sharing Memories ~ Birthday Parties

For as long as I can remember Birthday's were always a reason to celebrate at our house. My Mother always made sure that we knew that this was our BIG day and that on this day we were ''special''. Some years I had a formal party with my friends, other years it was a family party. Either way, there were always presents to open, special dinners and of course, Birthday Cake and Candles. I associate birthday's with happy times and have carried on that tradition with my husband and son. When I was born we lived on a small ''circle'' that had a couple of other families with girls the same age as me. These girls were my first best friends. I lived there until I was 5 and then we moved to another neighborhood. I recently reconnected with one of these girls on Facebook (after 45 years). I posted a picture for her of my 4th birthday party (the last one in that house) because she was in it. Her comment was ''Your Mom always threw the BEST Birthday Parties''. I think I would have to agree with her on that. On a ''serendipitous'' side note I also learned that my friend's younger sister bought my old house and lives in it now. I'm definitely going for a visit to see what kind of memories that will conjur up.

PS ~ In the top picture I am sitting at the back and in the other picture, that's me with the slip showing (nothing's changed) ;-)

Thanks to Lorine at the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog for hosting Sharing Memories - A Genealogy Journey; Week 9; Birthday Parties

© 2010 Kindred Footprints

4 comments:

  1. Love the photo! That is so cool that you are friends with the new owners of your former home.

    I'm so glad you have joined us to write your Genealogy Journal and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this article and the photos. What a nice way to begin Monday, with a chuckle from a blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love the pictures. It's wonderful that you will be able to go back to your old home! I hope it will bring back many wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, looking forward to writing more and can't wait to visit my old house. Glad I made you chuckle, Barb. Was it the slip ;-)

    ReplyDelete