Tombstone Tuesday ~ A Mother's Aura

Marjorie Eleanor (Vine) Manley (1933-1984)
~ Life Is A Caberet Old Chum ~



This is my Mother's gravestone (center)

The photo itself is a little ''interesting'' because the day it was taken the weather wasn't very nice. It was a grey, drizzly kind of day. We took about 50 pictures that day of various things in various locations and they all turned out looking grey and drizzly. Except this one. At the time it was taken I was standing just outside of the shot talking out loud to my Mom about a rather serious issue that had recently come to light. My husband was just to the left and he took the picture while I was talking.

There may be a 'photographic' explanation but I prefer to think my Mom was letting me know that she was listening ;-)

© 2010 Kindred Footprints

4 comments:

  1. I love it ~ it's absolutely beautiful! And I'm with you ~ your mom was definitely listening.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo, one of the best I've ever seen. Your mother wanted you to know she was listening to you. I bet you were standing at the beginning of a rainbow, how wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Dear Ancestor tribute (poem).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, I love that poem too. It pretty much says it all ;-)

    ReplyDelete